Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas, colourless, tasteless, odourless and initially non-irritating, making it very difficult to detect. Carbon monoxide is most likely to be detected in industrial or domestic settings. Examples of products that may produce it are:
- Older motor vehicles
- Gasoline-powered tools
- Cooking equipment
Carbon monoxide symptoms vary depending on the severity of poisoning. Mild carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms are:
- Flu like symptoms
Larger exposures to carbon monoxide could result in:
- Problems with the central nervous system
- Heart problems
In some cases serve exposure to carbon monoxide could even lead to death.
As soon as the person is removed from the infected environment they may require CPR, as often the patient may have stopped breathing. The most effective treatments should be administrated while unsafe levels of carbon monoxide are still present in the body. The risk of additional symptoms can be reduced with rapid hyperbaric oxygen therapy which involves the patient breathing pure oxygen while they are placed in a sealed chamber at a greater than normal atmospheric pressure.
Claiming for Personal Injury because of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
You may be entitled to claim compensation if you have been exposed to Carbon Monoxide if it is associated with you present or past employment but medical evidence is essential from your doctor if a claim is to be made. Speaking to a personal injury lawyer will help with any questions you have and will give you the best possible, professional advice.
Selected Personal Injury Solicitors
InjuryLawyers4U have helped thousands of people for a number of years ...
If you have been in an accident that wasn’t your fault, ...
First Personal Injury is a national consortium of lawyers specialising in ...
At National Accident Helpline, we understand getting back on your feet ...
Irwin Mitchell is one of the UK’s largest and most respected ...
Our personal injury solicitors are specialists in their specific legal area. ...
Who are Injury Claim Specialists?
Injury Claim Specialists are the UK’s leading comprehensive injury claims resource centre; providing straightforward, jargon free, easy to understand injury claims advice.
Injury Claims Specialists are not affiliated with any claims management company or personal injury law firm. Instead, we specialise in providing truly unbiased, clear, plain English guides and fact sheets covering all aspects of accidents and personal injuries. These include how to find the best personal injury solicitor for you, making a claim against your employer and much more.
We hope you found the above information helpful and interesting and are sure you’ll also find some of the following articles and guides useful:
- Do I have a personal injury claim? – One of the main questions on peoples’ minds is whether or not they have a valid personal injury claim, and the answer is much simpler than you may think. If you would like to find out if you have a personal injury claim please
- Compensation calculator – Our can give you a pay-out estimate for your injuries in a matter of seconds.
- Making a claim against your employer – Personal injuries at work are more common than you would think. If you have had an accident at work that wasn’t your fault then you might be eligible to make a claim, .
- Hints and tips on choosing a personal injury solicitor – It can be extremely difficult to find the right personal injury solicitor for you. We have produced a number of guides that help to make your much easier.